When thinking of making home improvements, many times the first thing that comes to mind is getting a new fence. Not only does a sturdy fence provide safety and security for your family and pets, but it also adds curb appeal to the front of the house. But how do you know when it’s time to replace your old worn-out fence? There are five key indicators you can keep an eye out for that will tell you whether or not it’s time for a replacement. In this blog post, we’ll discuss each one in detail so that by the end, you should have no trouble recognizing if it’s necessary to get a brand-new fencing system installed on your property!
- Visible signs of decay – If you’ve noticed that some panels are sagging or bowing, or any other visible signs of age and wear, then it may be time to replace your fence. Warped wood is especially dangerous because it can cause weakened structural integrity, leading to potential collapse if left unaddressed.
- Broken boards and posts– An aging fence is more prone to breakage due to increasing fragility over time. Be sure to check for broken slats or posts every few months as a preventative measure and remember that the longer you wait to address a broken board or post, the greater the chances are that further damage will occur.
- Loose components– Make sure to check for loose nails, screws and fasteners that might be working themselves out of the fence. When a component is no longer securely attached, the integrity of the whole system is compromised.
- Pest infestation– Termites, carpenter ants and other pests can wreak havoc on wooden fences. If you’ve spotted any signs of a pest infestation around your fence, then it’s time to replace it before more damage occurs. An old and infested fence can make your property look unappealing and neglected. If you want to improve the overall looks of your outdoor space, replacing your fence is a great way to do so.
- Security Reasons– If you believe that an intruder can easily get through or over your fence or if the locks are outdated, then you need to consider a replacement for security reasons. A new fence is a great way to keep your property secure and private. It helps you protect your home, yard, pool area and more from intruders while also providing additional safety measures such as preventing small children or pets from going too far off the premises.
It’s important to remember that replacing your fence is not something you should take lightly and if you feel like any of the above indicators are present in your current fencing system, then it’s best to go ahead and get a brand-new one installed as soon as possible. A quality fence will not only add value to your home but also provide safety and security for years to come. Don’t wait until it’s too late, contact us today at Armor Fence Maryland for a free quote on a brand-new fence that will last for years to come!